Friday, September 26, 2014

Unexpected Fall Colour

Some of my favorite autumn flowers are asters. They come in all sizes and shapes and colors and wait until mid to late September to present their multi-petaled flowers to the world. This is a gorgeous purple aster in bloom right now at our local East Wharf beach. The plants are quite large, fully flowered, and attract hundreds of slow, pollen-filled bees making sure they have as much food as possible to bring back to their hives for these col, fall nights.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE ASTERS ALSO. I SAW SOME MUMS FOR SALE AT THE LOCAL STORE IN THE PAPER. WHAT A JOKE, THEY WANTS $15.00. I CALL THEM CROOKS. I LOVE THEM FOR FALL COLORS BUT NOT AT THAT PRICE. BESIDES IF I WANT TO SE PRETTY FLOWERS I'LL JUST COME HERE AND LOOK AT YOURS. MUCH CHEAPER THAT WAY.
    HOPE YOUR HAVING A GREAT ART SHOW AND SELLING SOME OF YOUR WORK.
    HUGS, GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. asters are my birth flower. September.

    granny

    ReplyDelete