Saturday, January 9, 2016

New Pieces for the New Year!



I have been working constantly on new pieces since my last update and I'm finally going to post a few! I'm mostly working on some beautiful mahogany boards I bought several years ago, but am continuing with my "cardboard quilts" and of course the "found" wood I've used for years. These pieces are painted using mostly Old Village paint, pigments matched to antique New England homes, although I mix hues together as well. In addition I'm using permanent markers and paint pens, and all of them are finished with several coats of protective polyurethane so they won't ever fade or peel.

More art news since my last post: I was accepted into the prestigious and juried Guilford Art League fall show this past September, always a great pleasure for me! Also, I'm showing in Guilford's newest art gallery, The Bird Nest Gallery & Salon, 25 Water Street, in the 18th century Fitz Greene Halleck House. Please stop by there and tell 'em Casey sent you. : ) 

Please find me on Facebook. I have a new page just for my art, as well as my personal page and my page for my car renderings. Please look for Art by Casey Shain or click here. Thank you all of my dear readers for continuing to check out casey/artandcolour and I apologize for not updating the site since summer! I wish everyone a very happy new year. How did it ever get to be 2016?!?!?



1 comment:

  1. WHAT'S UP? IT'S BEEN SO LONG HEARING FROM YOU. I SEE YOUR STILL DO YOUR ARTWORK. HIGH FIVE.THIS MORNING I GOT AN E MAIL FROM MY FRIEND AND IT WAS PICTURES OF OLD OLD CARS. RIGHT AWAY I THOUGHT OF YOU. I DON'T HAVE YOUR E MAIL ADDRESS ANY MORE TO SEND THEM ON. HAD PROBLEM WITH COMPUTER AND THE GUY THAT WORKED ON IT DELETED EVERYTHING. [BAD MAN]. ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOUR DOING WELL. GRAMPS AND I HAVE GONE DOWN HILL ALOT THIS PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. DEATHS, FALLS, SOME VERY BAD NEWS, AND HOSPITAL VISITS FOR BOTH OF US. JUST KNOW YOUR STILL THOUGHT ABOUT. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete