Thursday, April 11, 2013

Best American Idol Performance Ever?



Candice Glover, a "Final 6" contestant on this year's American Idol TV show, turned in what I think will go down in history as one of the best performances of their 12 years on air, ever. The judges were in awe. I had tears in my eyes at the end of it last night, and just now when I heard it again. She takes The Cure's 1989 song, Lovesong and turns it into a Billie Holiday/Mary J. Blige, AWESOME contemporary piece.

It doesn't even matter if she wins next month. I'm pretty sure she just ensured her career right there! Remember, Jennifer Hudson didn't actually win Idol that year!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful voice! And song!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Candice made it through another week. There's about a month left, all girls for the first time I think. Not the best year, but some outstanding performances. Looks like wind, clouds and rain today!

      Delete
  2. FINGERS CROSS FOR HER TO WIN. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU.

    THANKS FOR SHARING.
    GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete