Thursday, April 19, 2012

Artandcolour 1967-68 Style. Stoned Again.

Painted rocks—I created these when I was 10-11 years old. They vary from florals, to a winter scene, a flag motif, and even a 1960s Pontiac "arrowhead," lol. My aunt Hoohoo was very instrumental in suggesting to me that anything at all can become art if you think about it and spend some time on it. These have been visible in the backgrounds of many photos I've shot, but I don't think I've gathered them together and scanned the en masse before. If I have, enjoy 'em again, lol : )

5 comments:

  1. THERE WAS A TIME A FEW YEARS AGO WHEN ROCK ART WAS A THING.I'D SEE IT AT ART & CRAFT SHOWS WHICH I NEVER EVER MISSED ONE. I'D GATHER UP MY CHILDREN AND OUT THE DOOR WE'D GO FOR A DAY OF I WANT.YES, IT WOULD BE I WANT THIS AND I WANT THAT. NOW THEIR ALL GROWN AND WHO HAS THE NICE ART WORK IN THEIR HOUSES. YUP, THE KIDS BUT I'D BE HAPPY WITH THE SIMPLE ROCK ART.GIVES ME AN IDEA. IT'S ANOTHER THING I COULD DO SITTING HERE IN MY LAZYBOY CHAIR. YUP, SURE COULD!!!!!!!!!!!

    THANKS FOR SHARING.

    HUGS, GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER DOLLARS.GRAMPS GOT BITE BY THE LITTLE DOG NEXT DOOR. NO ONE HAS CALLED. SO TOMORROW SHOULD BE INTERESTING.

    TIME FOR BED. JUST WANTED TO SAY GOOD NIGHT.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Casey, I truly want to buy these! LOL and I'm really not even kidding! I LOOOOVE them!
    Thanks for sharing..sorry I'm running behind on checking blogs!
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Mare, always nice to hear from you. Whenever! I hope your spring is going well.

      Delete