Sunday, April 22, 2012

Through Another's Eyes

My friend, and fellow artist, Lisa Mikulski, visited recently, and shot several photos inside chéz casey. It's so interesting to see my life through another person's eyes. These are my 1950s German Christmas bells, which hang from my ceiling fan. The crystal is a product tie-in from some haute couture designer's newest women's perfume, ca 1992, perhaps LaCroix or Versace. And the ever-present dust. I feel like Miss Havisham sitting here. Or Little Edie of Grey Gardens,the inspiration for "Pink Gardens." Click on the image to enlarge, as always here at casey/artandcolour, lol!

I did one of Christian LaCroix's first pages back in 1987, in WWD, Women's Wear Daily, the "bible" of the fashion industry as it's known in the biz. This crystal necklace would have come from Macy's, though, a gift to my mother. I always brought her the printed WWDs to read, and she was fascinated by the world I found myself ensconced in. I made sure to get her a fragrance or gift of some sort from every designer she read about. She even planted a "LaCroix Rose Garden" one year, with pure magenta, bright red and flame orange roses, his first year's couture signature colors, lol.

Lisa is an awesome photographer. She is a good friend and has lovely, and brilliant, adult offspring, lol. She came to my first art showings when she had no reason to—forever in her debt : )
  • Check out her website, here!

8 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated that out of all of your treasures and art, this is what she chose to photograph! It's a lovely display and must sound enchanting when you turn on the ceiling fan! What a good son you were to get all of those things for your mom! And that you did a bunch of WWDs impresses me monumentally! You are SO cool, Casey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I just visited Lisa's website. I am blown away, what an unbelievable talent she is. Thanks so much for sharing this treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lisa photographed a lot of things in here, Kaite, believe me! I'll run more in the future. And I'm going to have Lisa do some blog posts here with her florals and street scenes and really, anything she wants, lol. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey, you are too kind. Thank you so much for this post. I'm honored. I'm also so happy that I can share my photos with you and others (that's what it's all about).

    To those of you who commented here. Thank you for your kind words. I'm touched and you all have just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LISA SO GLAD TO MEET YOU. YOUR ONE LUCKY GAL TO HAVE CASEY AS A REAL LIVE BUDDY. I'M AFRAID IF MARE, KATIE AND I LIVED THERE IN HIS TOWN WE'D BE KNOCKING ON HIS DOOR TO JUST COME IN AND PEEK AT ALL HIS TREASURES.THEN WE'D DEMAND TO WALK AROUND HIS YARD THEN INTO TOWN AND JUST LISTEN TO HIS STORIES. WE'VE ALL GOT A CRUSH ON HIM. GIGGLE GIGGLE.J/K I LOVE HOW ARTIST THINK.SOME ANYWAYS.LOL
    I LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYTIME I CHECK INTO HIS BLOG.

    I'M A PERFUME GIRL MYSELF.LOVE THE GOOD STUFF BUT STICK WITH THE AVON JUNK.NOT REALLY. IT'S OK. I GUESS THAT'S WHEN MY CHEAPNESS SETS IN. I LET MY GIRLS BUY ME THE GOOD STUFF.

    THANKS CASEY FOR SHARING TODAY. ALWAYS FUN. LOVE THE BELLS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO AND GOOD BYE. JUST CHECKING IN.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Granny! Hope you're having a great afternoon. I've been taking a lot of the greening up of the yard and some flowers, but just need time to process them. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  7. THANKS, WILL DO. JUST AS LONG AS YOUR OK.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete