Friday, October 26, 2012

AutumnColour Continues

Behold the only purple-and-white dahlia that blossomed this year! It came out two or three days before our frost, so there won't be anymore. Too bad. I would have loved to have lots of these to photograph and enjoy. I've been under the weather for the past week or so. I apologize for the dearth of photos and posts recently!

An obligatory photo of typical New England fall foliage! The leaves are all blowing off the trees now. It was a very short colorful season, but much better than last year when the leaves came off in September due to Tropical Storm Irene.

These hydrangeas have turned an absolutely gorgeous shade of raspberry this autumn!

My yellow Butterfly bush still has a few pretty blooms on it. Since I planted it in July, this bush has tripled in width but hasn't gotten much taller. I'm very interested to see how it grows next year in a full season.

That same purple-and-white dahlia in an small arrangement with peach and yellow dahlias around it. A 1:43 scale model of a red '55 Cadillac Eldorado peeks out from behind the flowers...

My African violet garden hanging out on the porch for some fresh fall air. The darker purple plant is more than fifteen inches wide!

4 comments:

  1. BATTEN DOWN THE HOMESTEAD. STORM ON THE WAY. BRING EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE THAT CAN BLOW AROUND. LOVE THE PRETTY FLOWERS ABOVE AND THANLS FOR SHARING.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Granny. It seems like Sandy is going to be quite fierce. I just hope we don't lose power for very long. It gets cold at night now, and I have tons of work to do on my computer! I can't be without power for very long.

      Delete
  2. ALSO GET WELL.I ALSO HAVEN'T FELT GOOD FOR A WHILE. I WENT TO THE DOCTORS THIS WEEK. BLOOD PRESSURE SEEMS TO BE OK. NO ANSWERS. I DID GET THE FLU SHOT. IT ENDED WITH A LAIGH BECAUSE I ASK HIM IF HE WAS DONE GIVING ME THE SHOT AND HE LAUGH AND SAID WELL YES. GREAT DOCTOR.

    HUGS GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. LAUGH NOT LAIGH. WELL D///. DARN NAILS. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete