Sunday, October 28, 2012

Here We Go Again

This is the little single-lane private road leading to Pink Gardens. The overhead Comcast cables/wires are strung all along the right side of the road in this photo. We still have several trees that are leaning precariously from last year's two fall storms, Tropical Storm Irene in early September and the freak Halloween Blizzard. I have zero doubt that many more will come down in the next day with Hurricane Sandy simultaneously taking out my internet, phone and TV. Since it's such a huge storm, I doubt Comcast will be able to get things up and running for weeks. I'm not looking forward to the next month without these utilities! Or heat if the electricity stays off for long, t too! I won't be able to do any work for the publisher or work on my blog. If you don't hear from me for a while, I will be back as soon as I can!

7 comments:

  1. Casey,
    I'm hoping you miss the worst of the storm. Do everything you can to stay safe and stock up on Hornito's - can't be without the essentials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG bottle of Hornito's in the house. I'm quite peeved at the prospect of losing everything in my freezer again. I have so much food that I grew and cooked and froze for the winter. I even had side dishes made in advance for Thanksgiving so it would be easier that day and I'm sure they'll all get tossed out. And there's a chilled case of Sam Adams in there too that will go skunky. I'M SICK OF THESE STORMS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are there any local stores that you frequent that have back-up generators? Maybe they would allow you to store your frozen items there? You have three days in your own freezer if you don't open it. I hope things work out for you - these storms are an unnecessary burden on everyone.

      Delete
  3. three days without opening? that's good to know. Otherwise, I guess I'll be using my stove, which is gas, and just reheating and cooking everything and giving it away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The positive spin is this is a much anticipated storm and I'm sure emergency crews are already on call. If your power does go out the turnaround time for restoration will be quicker - and it won't be snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I WENT THROUGH CHARLIE AND IT SCARE ME TO DEATH. NO ELECTRIC FOR ONLY A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT TRY AND KEEP KIDS OUT OF THE REFRIGERATOR.AGAIN GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE.IT'S GOING TO BE NASRT. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete