Monday, January 21, 2013

Congratulations Mr. President!

Today is Inauguration Day in the United States, the solemn and momentous occasion that marks our peaceful transitions of power. President Barack Hussein Obama has taken the oath of office for the second time, and I'm just so happy and relieved we continue to have a fierce warrior for ALL Americans and not just the "corporations are people too, my friend" candidate fielded by the increasingly marginalized xenophobic, homophobic, anti-feminist, anti-poor, anti-Labor and, frankly, racist factions within the "Party of No," GOP.

I found this single, bright yellow Dandelion blooming yesterday—in January in Connecticut! It's a perfect symbol of the indomitable spirit of life and liberty in our country, and to the hope for the next four years of fair and progressive policies leading us to that more perfect union written into our Constitution.

4 comments:

  1. It was a glorious day! I watched the inaguration with hope and joy, comforted by knowing it's President Obama with which we start this next four years. I wish him, and all of us, Godspeed...

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! I started off with the TV on but I was finishing up a book for work so I wasn't really concentrating. But by 11am I was done and got caught up in the proceedings. I stood when people were asked to stand, lol. It really was quite moving, all the pomp and circumstance, but with his beautiful family it was also very human. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and of course, it's politics as usual this morning with the GOP ripping everything to shreds, lol.

      Delete
  2. I'M STILL WAITING FOR YOUR BOOK TO COME OUT.

    JUST WANTED TO STOP BY AND SAY HELLO.

    HUGS GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Granny! I'm working on it! That's why the blog has been so slow. I'm starting at the beginning of this blog almost 3 years ago, and figuring out which posts could be extended and written more about and working on the art for them. It's just such a lengthy process! I have to keep up my "real" work at the same time, but it's coming along!
      -casey

      Delete