Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Photoshop Ain't Magic, lol

"Tuner" look or not, the Matrix is not an attractive vehicle.

C H O P — Autoblog.com published photos today of the newly updated Toyota Matrix that will be introduced at the Chicago Auto Show later this week. It's nothing more than new paint, new wheels and a slightly revised interior. The mechanical bits are not class-leading in any way either, with two different low-powered four-cylinder engines and 4- and 5-speed transmissions—shades of 1991, not 2011!  Talk about lipstick on a pig, lol. Even a quick Photoshop makeover does this vehicle no favors. I've given it the "tuner" look, with a carbon fiber hood insert, roof panel and sideskirts. I enlarged the wheels, lowered the body on the suspension, and gave it a black laquer C panel to replicate a wraparound glass appearance. I extended the upper roof section a la GM's 1959-61 "Flying Wing" roof. And it still ain't too pretty.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the original photo of the Matrix but I kind of like your take on it. The roof looks kind of like what Mini is doing with its coupe concept cars. I didn't even realize that there was going to be a new Matrix. I wonder if that will be produced in Fremont? Actually, I always preferred the looks of the Pontiac Vibe to the Matrix but that's just me!

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'Morning Paul!
    Here's the base photo I used:
    http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2011-toyota-matrix/

    They haven't changed the body much at all. I agree that the Vibe was always the better looking of the pair, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time...

    Leave it up to Casey to chop one of the least pleasing vehicles on the road and add oomph to it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD MORNING MEN.
    ON THE ROAD AGAIN. WILLIE NELSON.

    GET OUT OF BED ANNIE IT'S ALMOST TEN O'CLOCK.

    I'M WAITING FOR SPRING AND FLOWERS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, that was Granny's voice I heard! Ok I'm up, I'm up......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that link. It really is a pretty weird looking car -- kind of misshapen and awkward. Not quite an Aztek but not too far off.

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casey, having now seen the (homely) original, I LOVE your chop! I won't be buying one, though. LOL

    GRANNY, HOLD ON! SPRING IS COMING! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete