Sunday, September 16, 2012

Better Late than Never!

My dahlias are just now beginning to flower. This variety is named Pumpkin Spice and the blooms are just about six-inches wide! I also have yellow pop-pom dahlias flowering called Hissy Fitz. My purple ones are still a few days away, and I'm not sure the hot pink or a second variety of orange ones will even bloom. It's already the middle of September and they don't have any buds.

"Clutter" on a mid September morning in my apartment... Colors and collectibles wherever you look. I have vintage jewelry covering the new issue of Vogue, and there is also a February 1904 The Ladie's World underneath. My favorite vintage toy, a 1920s Roly Poly, is in the center, sitting in a 1930s cobalt vase.
 
A closeup of this morning's dahlia arrangement. These are Pumpkin Spice and Hissy Fitz varieties, the only ones I have blooming at the moment. That's a little '63 Ford Falcon scale model peeking out from the left, lol. A couple of my mother's crocheted afghans in the background.

4 comments:

  1. DAHLIAS ARE STILL ONE OF MY FAVORITE FLOWERS. THEY LAST A WHILE AFTER BEING CUT. I MISS NOT HAVING MY FLOWER GARDENS BUT THAT'S LIFE. I'LL JUST KEEP COMING HERE TO GET MY KICKS.LOL
    SO DID YOU HAVE A NICE WEEKEND? WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. GRAMPS SPENDS HIS SUNDAY AFTERNOONS WATCHING THE BUCS. I COULD CARE LESS FOR FOOTBALL SO I JUST TAKE A NAP, WHICH I DID. CATCH YOU AGAIN TOMORROW. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos--- always enjoy the assortment of treasures--- have been enjoying Palm Springs auto--- and Pinterest; miss your photo shops---love the old luxury cars. Best, Rob Warren
    ( My Aunt was Sheila/Housing @ Vassar when you were there; think Matthew Witten was there @ same time as well. Hope we can connect on FB one day)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob! please friend me on FB any time, Casey Shain. Check out my car blog for my newest chops. I can't make new ones as often as I used to but whenever I do, I post them there: http://artandcolourcars.blogspot.com

      Delete