Thursday, February 2, 2012

Aloha Mama, ca 1940

I recently found this photo (again) in a box of belongings I'm going through. There is no date on the image, but my mother was born in 1918, so I'm guessing she's in her early 20s here, ca 1940. It's a color photo, but which faded and was retouched at some point with watercolors. I also adjusted the colors in Photoshop to match the original as my scanner always adds a bit of cyan to an image. I have no idea the circumstances behind this Hawaiian-themed photo, but it looks like she was having fun! The embossed leather frame is nicely period, too.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN TO FIND A PICTURE OF YOUR MOM HAVING A GOOD TIME. MY MOM WAS ALWAY HAPPY IF SHE HAD A FISHING POLE IN HER HAND. I HAVE A VERY FUNNY STORY ABOUT HER AFTER SUPPER TRIP OUT TO THE LOCAL PIER TO FISH BUT I CAN'T TELL IT HERE. A CLIFF HANGER.THE FUNNIEST STORY OF MY CHILDHOOD EXCEPT MAYBE FALLING IN THE HOLE OF THE OUTHOUSE. LOL. OH LIGHTEN UP. JUST HAVING SOME FUN.LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete