Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MoreColour, More!

Sometimes my little digital camera "freaks out" and can't process the colors correctly. This is one of those happy accidents. Magenta cleomis, black-eyed Susans and their foliage just wreaked havoc with the digital information. I like it though—very artandcolour!

Beach Rose hips. These seed pods are just as attractive as flowers, in my humble opinion!

One of my giant sunflowers this year. This stalk is 8-9 feet all and very popular with the birds!

A beautiful hydrangea from the beach area. The subtle blues and lavenders are just gorgeous.

Bright magenta Beach roses (Rosa rugosa). They are single-petals instead of the multiple-petaled roses most often seen, but have a very saturated color and delicate shapes that move easily with the frequent shore breezes.

Dueling Butterflies! My thistles must have been particularly fragrant this morning. There were two or three butterflies competing for the same flowers! There were bees flitting all around gathering nectar, too. I really love watching my gardening hard work pay off for the wild critters as well as for the beauty of the flowers. Above, a white Cabbage Butterfly and a Painted Lady.

A more realistic color view of the Cleomis and Black-eyed Susans seen at the top of this post. The tall sea grass planted with them is a great touch.

One of my first dahlias has finally flowered.  And it's yellow. I REALLY hope that all of my plants aren't yellow as they were last year. I SHOULD have orange, hot pink, purple, white and some variegated versions, if the tags are to be believed. Last year they all turned out to be yellow. I really want some other colors this year! They're all late to bloom this year too. I hope we have a very long Autumn!

One of my Green Zebra tomatoes. The only way to really tell when they're ripe is to touch them. They'll be a bit soft when ripe. So far this one is rock hard!

One of my Jack-in-the-Pulpit seed pods. Even at this stage they add a lot to my flowerbeds. To see a Jack-in-the-Pulpit in spring, click here.

I'm fascinated by the "ladders" of plum tomatoes. They're great fun to watch grow and ripen. Look at the various colors in this one stem!

My giant "normal" sunflower plant. Even when the blossoms droop and die, I leave them on the stalks for the birds. They love them. I've had more Goldfinches this year than ever before.

The darkest Sunflower has opened up more blossoms. I love the rich mahogany coloring!

My Tardiva Hydrangea has twice as many flowers as last year—two. I only had one flower last year. Let's hope for exponential growth next year, lol.

3 comments:

  1. Casey Casey, how does your garden grow? Quite well, I'd say. I do miss being able to come and visit with you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR SHARING.
    MY LITTLE JOEY[MALTESE] IS IN THE VETS' OPERATINGROOM AS I TYPE THIS NOTE. I JUST WISH THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS WERE OVER. IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING.I DON'T FEEL LIKE SMILING TODAY.

    HUGS, GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, Granny! I hope he'll be OK. Just look at flowers and pretty things today!

    ReplyDelete