Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Friends Along the Way

During my daily walks, I don't just see fellow walkers and runners. I see a lot of other "friends" along the way. This black cat, above, likes to sit on that stone wall in front of his/her mansion. Talk about Halloween decorations! A few of these photos were shot from a distance so please forgive the poor resolution!

We have frequent deer sightings at Pink Gardens. This female white tail is on the little road the house is located on. I'm just starting out on a walk here, heading towards town and the shore.

This cute dog, who I've nicknamed "Buddy," is always lying on the same spot of grass. He gave me a single bark the first time I saw him a couple of months ago, and now just looks up at me and gives me a nod. Some of the dogs along the route are real "yappers" and if it wasn't for the sonic dog "fences" most homes have, I might have a little less hair on my legs, lol. Buddy is a sweetheart, though.

We have two pairs of Mallard ducks this fall living in the little swamps along our tiny road. Last year we had a gay Mallard couple, lol, just two males, but this year they seemed to have found a couple of females to hang with. Above, bright green feathers on their heads signify the males.

A female seagull in quiet repose, silhouetted nicely by a shallow tidal pool.

Another "seagal" checking out the scene at the shore.

10 comments:

  1. The rocks you have in your 'neck of the woods' along the shoreline are very beautiful and so unique. I find them quite interesting to look at. I need to make a visit to the area sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mention the rocks, Annie. I'm preparing a post just of rocks! I also am preparing one of shadows, which I know you're fond of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CASEY, THAT ONE ROCK LOOKS LIKE A FISG AND THE LAST ONE LOOKS LIKE A TURTLE TO ME. HAVE YOU SEE YOUR SHADOW LATELY? MAYBE WE'LL HAVE 6 MORE WEEKSS OF FALL.
    TODAY WERE HAVE STORMS GOING ACROSS FLORIDA. THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO HIT HERE SOMETIME TONIGHT. I'M SO GLAD IT DIDN'T TURN INTO A HURRICANE.LIKE ANN ABOVE, IT WOULD BE SO NEAT TO SEE YOUR TOWN AND BEACH AREA. NEW ENGLAND IS THE BEST FOR BEAUTY.I'D SAY YEAR ROUND.

    HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

    GRANNY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It amazes me how the planet contains so many different species each with its own natural habitat. I sure would like to switch places with one of those seagulls and see how it is to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful pictures and I'm jealous that you get to take these nice walks through such pretty areas. I especially like the one with the cat and the one with the dog. Theya re just precious!

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Paul. I really do appreciate where I live and don't ever take it for granted. I've seen enough of the world to know I'm very lucky to live here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT A DORK HERE. I JUST REREAD MY COMMENT ABOVE AND SO MANY MISTAKES. THE ONE THING IT PROVES IS NO ONE IS PERFECT.
    DAMM NAILS NEED CUTTING AGAIN. LOL
    I MUST BLAME IT ON SOMETHING.

    SO HOW IS YOUR DAY GOING? IT'S GREY OUTSIDE. THE RAIN IS IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND THE COLD FRONT WENT THROUGH. NOW THE WINDS ARE PICKING UP. COLD ON IT'S WAY YAY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  8. cloudy and rainy here too, although the wind hasn't picked up like they said it would. This is supposed to be a Nor'Easter. Maybe later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are making me homesick! They're beautiful. Love the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I WROTE GREY INSTEAD OF GRAY TO SEE IF YOU AND YOURS ARE ON YOUR TOES.

    HUGS:)

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete