Saturday, October 29, 2011

I've Made Hemmings Motor News Blog

My quick chop of a '68 Cadillac with a fastback roofline has been picked up by Hemmings Motor News Blog this weekend. I've been reading Hemmings, and their collectible car magazines, Special Interest Autos and now Hemmings Classic Cars, since 1973. It's really cool to see a car creation of mine posted there. Thanks to Dan Strohl and Hemmings!
  • More on this chop at my car blog.
  • More about Hemmings history, and titles, here. I still have all of my SIA issues back to '73 and all but about 2-3 issues of HCC since it started publishing in 2004.
  • To read Dan's great essay, Old Oak Trees, click here. I took a break from blogging last February, and ended the first year's blogs with Dan's essay. It really says it all about my love of cars, their place in my life, and the memories they evoke.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats Casey! Another feather in your cap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan's a very nice guy. Saw him recently at the Glenmoor gathering. Met him about 8 years ago at the same show. It was his first assignment.

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's great news, Casey! Huge congratulations! You deserve it!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, every time I am waiting some place and there are car magazines to read I always pick one up to see if you have a Letter to the Editor or one of your cars featured.

    Congrats to you and your Quick-Chop. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something about it has a Motown look to it. I can just picture Little Richard or better yet, James Brown singing right in front of it dressed in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SInging "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" or maybe Papa's Got a Brand New Caddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that on the Hemmings blog and was very impressed. What do you suppose a 1959 Cadillac Escalade would look like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone else suggested something like that too. Hard to imagine a finless Fifties Caddy, or fins on a '59 Suburban, which it would have been based on. Food for thought, though. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete