Saturday, May 29, 2010

Joining the Fastback and Convertible, New Notchback Mustang Offers Hybrid Model

Mustang EcoBoost4 Hybrid notchback coupe for 2011. In my world anyway. Click image to see larger.

I just made a minor change to the C pillar, it's a bit more angular and symmetrical now, more old-school Ford notchback. I think I like this one better.


C H O P — Yes, I create a lot of Mustang notchback coupes, lol. I can't help it. Every time I see a new photo of Mustang fastback, I know it would look better as a classic notchback. This photo was a "regular" Shelby GT500, but I used most of its specific body parts for this EcoBoost4 Hybrid notchback. This would be the first notchback and the first 4 cylinder Mustang since the Mustangs of the late '70s and early '80s. Using Ford's new high-tech EcoBoost technology, it would also use components from the award-winning Fusion/Milan/MKZ hybrid drivetrain. Total horsepower would be close to the 305 of the new V6, with nearly 400 ft/lbs of torque at full charge, and would offer gas mileage in the high 30s/low 40s, amazing for a ponycar capable of 0-60 in less than 7 seconds.

B T W : 
Original photo for comparison. Yes, I flopped it for my chop, so it would face the other side. I removed any badges that would have appeared 'backwards' and I added a hint of a steering wheel to the 'other' side to make the car read correctly. I removed the gas cap door, as it doesn't appear on the passenger side of this series of Mustang. Besides the obvious change to the roof, I lightened the wheels, added dark band of rocker panel trim tying the side lights together, and slightly changed the contours around the front airdam and front wheels. I took away the off-center Shelby snake in the grille and added a centered Mustang horse emblem, as this would no longer be the performance model in the lineup. Flowers in the background, from my garden of course, add the artandcolour into this photo, which I found in Autoblog's wallpaper/desktop galleries.

3 comments:

  1. I agree the second one looks better. The roof line evokes memory of the 65-66 and would be a worthy addition to the lineup. Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey carsntunes! thanks for stopping by! i'm going to try to get some more chops done in the next few weeks. i'm off for a while, so i should have time. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What not mention of the ecoboost 4 paying homage to the Mustang SVO? I know probably not a popular name in the US, but would be an interesting come back for the Euro market. In any case, I'm liking that notch back.

    ReplyDelete