Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2011 Scion tC Introduced at N.Y. Auto Show

No. This is not the new Scion tC just introduced today at the 2010 New York Auto Show. This is the Scion Fuse coupe I chopped two years ago. Notice I gave it a rear-wheel drive look by moving the front wheels forward and shortening the front overhang as compared with the actual concept at the bottom of this post. I can dream can't I? Fake cars FTW!

C H O P — Scion's Fuse concept car from 2008 supposedly heralded a new design language for Toyota's entry level marque. So far, we have seen none of it's bold lines incorporated into its production cars. Reporters today have described the new tC as "Fuse-like" but I really don't see much of a resemblance. I took the Fuse concept, and literally made a production-ready coupe out of it. It has a certain grace and style beyond its price point if you ask me. . . 

The new production car is a step up from the current version, with a slightly more powerful engine, and a self-described 'more masculine' exterior (whatever!), but it still falls short of the concept. 


2011 tC as introduced at the opening of today's auto show at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan. Fuse-like? Ummmm, well the rear quarter window curves upward...


2008 Scion Fuse concept car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment