Friday, February 26, 2010

Bumper-to-Bumper Cruise Night. On My Desk.

D I G I T A L   P H O T O S — Sometimes I just like to gather a bunch of my scale model cars together in 'dream' scenarios and shoot photos. Doesn't everyone? This night I emphasized the fifties, with a '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk just barely peeking in from the left, red kustom '57 Fairlane next to it, and a charcoal Eldorado convertible on the right. Behind them can be seen '57 Lincolns side-by-side. Looming larger in the background, in soft focus, is an actual full sized chromed hood ornament from a '52 Packard. It seems to be cast brass, and weighs a ton. 

It's the pale gold '57 Lincoln in the second row that is the actual focus of this image, fabulous finned Ford in the foreground not withstanding, lol. A cream '49 Buick Roadmaster convertible (Rain Man) can be seen in the distance, left, along with an out-of-scale violet '59 Cadillac Coupe de Ville. A light-colored '67 or '68 Mustang fastback lends a definite Cruise Night vibe to the image. Antique Japanese ivory and bamboo knick-knacks stand alongside scale model cars of all vintages.

No comments:

Post a Comment