Saturday, October 9, 2010

Autumn Afternoon Artandcolour

These autumn asters were so vivid, they completely overwhelmed my little digital camera, adding magentas and blues where none existed. In every shot! Thanks to Photoshop, I was able to render them somewhat more realistically. I had a huge bush of these at my mother's house, but so far I haven't scored any for Pink Gardens. All photos clickable to see at full size.

I've only seen a couple of trees changing so far, but it won't be long now.

A different angle of the asters above. I just like the juxtaposition of the purple asters and the orange leaves in this blog column, lol.

A nice detailed view of the colors on this tree. I really like the green that stays along the "veins" of the leaves. It contrasts so well with the autumn reds, oranges and yellow.

Montauk Daisies. This group of perennials was at least 4 feet wide and 3 feet high. Just gorgeous. 

One of my cosmos was leaning over this morning. Before I staked it up, I took some nice photos of it low down.

A long view of the golf course at the country club. A lot of people were playing today, I'd say it was full. You can see that most trees are barely beginning to color. Long Island Sound is about 1/8 mile to the back of me as I was taking this photo, which keeps the temperatures temperate in the immediate area. When most of Connecticut sees snow or ice, we usually get slush. The same in the summer—when the rest of the state has high temps and humidity, we tend to be cooler with more breezes near the water, not to say that we don't get heat waves, lol. Except for my short time in West Hollywood, I've never lived more than 1/2 mile from a major body of water.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Casey. The daisies almost look like they are made out of fabric. I love the fall colors. I like winter too, being snow deprived growing up I always look forward to a white winter. Then by the time spring comes with its blast of color after whites and grays I get excited all over again. When I lived in Hawaii I really missed the seasons, I think it is something my psyche really needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't the asters know that they are the "September" flower?

    ReplyDelete