Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Breaking News: Success!

I haven't posted any "breaking news" on my blog before, but this is a great time to start. The first of the trapped Chilean miners, Florencio Ávalos, 31, has made it to the surface. He has been reunited with his wife and his 8-year old son, and seems to be in good, robust health. It was tremendously touching to watch in real time. Now we all have to hope that the next 35-36 trips go as well. There were 33 trapped miners, and 3-4 paramedics and rescuers have made the descent and will have to be lifted out. Each round trip takes approximately 45 minutes, so it will be more than a full day and night before they're all safely on the surface again.

4 comments:

  1. I know Casey it was very emotional. I wish I could stay up all night and watch, but first thing tomorrow morning I will switch on CNN.

    FYI I have spoken my piece on MSM on my blog. And for a smile before you turn out the light check out an earlier post - STORUP QUESTIONNAIRE.

    Sleep tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your breaking news, Casey! I have been with you, watching it since the first miner came to the surface. As I write this, four miners have been rescued and it's 2:50 a.m. I'm still very excited! The technology is amazing and the humanity touches me. Congratulations, Miners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ALL WOULD BE PROND OF ME. I STAYED UP TO AFTER ONE O'CLOCK LAST NIGHT.PRAYING EACH ONE UP AND OUT OF THAT HOLE. I JUST PRAY ALL GOES WELL FOR ALL THE REST. I LOVE THE PRESIDENT. STANDING THERE SMILING AND GREETING EACH ONE AS THEY COME OUT OF THE BASKET. I ALSO SEEN HIM PRAYING. PRAISE BE TO GOD. THE SMALL CHILD SO OVER JOYED THAT HIS DAD WAS ALIVE. HIS TEARS. I FELT HIS JOY IN MY HEART. I JUST WANTED TO HUG HIM. I SLEPT GOOD JUST KNOWING THOSE MEN WERE IN GOOD HANDS. I KNOW THAT FEELING.

    "LIFE IS NOT ALL ABOUT ME, IT'S ABOUT US."

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's miracle that they all survived for 69 straight days, no reality tv show can out match that.

    ReplyDelete