Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tenacity

I thought the Nasturtiums were done for the year, but the past week of quite-warm Indian Summer has given me more blossoms. The backyard is graced with a bright orange variety, as the purple  Tradescanthia is finishing up its annual cycle. The fallen leaves compliment the edible orange flower, right?

Meanwhile, on my front porch, this lighter yellow/orange Nasturtium bloomed today amid the Dusty Miller . There is something so appealing about a tender annual that refuses to give up until the very last second of the season. I suppose there is something to be said about its human caretaker that concentrates so much on the lifecycle of his flowers, too!

5 comments:

  1. I WONDER WHY FLOWERS HAVE TO DIE WHEN THERE'S SO MUCH BEAUTY IN THERE LITTLE FACES. KINDA SAD.

    GOOD NIGHT PAL GOOD NIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the heart weeps for what it has lost, the soul laughs for what it has found.

    ~ Sufi aphorism ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNIE THAT'S THE TRUTH. I LOVE THAT SAYING.

    CASEY, A BEAUTIFUL DAY TO YOU AND ALL YOU HAVE PLANNED FOR YOURSELF. HAVE YOU GOT THE PHONE TURNED OFF SO YOU CAN CREATE? I WISH YOU HAD A WEB CAM IN THE ATTIC SO WE COULD WATCH YOU? I HAVE A PICTURE OF YOU IN MY MINE BEING VERY INTENSE WHEN YOU WORK. RIGHT? WRONG?

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that saying, Annie. you always come up with something neat.

    Well, tonight's the night I guess. Predictions in the mid 20s by 3am so I just cut all the basil down, picked the last green tomatoes, moved some potted plants up to the attic and put others right next to the house on the porch which should be OK since it's an old house with lots of heat leakage... I'm going to an art opening later today but will see if I can get some good autumn shots on the way. It's a bit past peak here finally.

    Yes, Granny, I'd say I'm intense when I'm working! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I JUST LOOKED AT SOME OF THE FLOWERS AGAIN. THE ONE IN THIS POST AT THE TOP IS SO BEAUTIFUL WHEN YOU BLOW IT UP. THE COLORS GIVE ME THE CHILLS.

    I'LL SAY GOOD NIGHT EARLY.

    SOON IT WILL BE DARK AND THE KIDS WILL BE RUNNING WILD HERE. DID I TELL YOU ALL, I REALLY DON'T LIKE HALLOWEEN EXCEPT FOR THE LITTLE CHILDREN. I LIKE TO SEE THEM HAVE A GOOD TIME.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete