Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Well-Dressed Scarecrow

Riding into town today, the local Rotary Club had just put the finishing touches on this holiday display on an empty lot right near the town center. The colors drew my eye, I've always loved striped stockings, but when I got up close I realized that most of the clothes are brand new. There are hastily sewn-on patches, but the scarves, yellow overalls and the rest of the clothes are brand new from the local boutiques I s'pose. Goddess forbid we have dressed-down scarecrows in our dressed-to-the-nines town!

U P D A T E :  Apparently there is a contest in town, as many local businesses have done their best to create interesting and creative displays. The proceeds from the entry fees go to a local breast cancer charity in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Many of the displays feature a pink ribbon for that reason.

7 comments:

  1. CASEY, I NEVER DID LIKE VINYL TOPS ON CARS. ALSO, I'D NEVER PAY $50,000.00 FOR A CAR IF I NEVER HAD ONE. WHEN MY SIL SPENDS THAT KIND OF MONEY ON CARS I THINK ALL THE GOOD I COULD BUY. $50,000.00 WOULD FEED ALOT OF CHILDREN.
    THAT'S JUST ME. EVEN WHEN I WOULD BUY MOTORHOMES I FOUND AFFORDABLE ONES AND ALWAY MADE SURE WHEN I RESOLD THEM I NEVER LOST A PENNY.
    THAT'S JUST ME. WE ALWAYS GOT DEALS ON OUR CARS. IF NOT WE WOULD JUST WALK AWAY. ALWAY BUY CARS AT THE END OF THE MONTH. YOU CAN ALWAY GET A GOOD DEAL BUT YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW IT.

    GOOD NIGHT. ALMOST TIME FOR BED.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. BACK AGAIN, FORGOT TO SAY I LOVE THE DECORATIONS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that was funny - buying new clothes for those scarecrows. Very swanky indeed. Please, I hope it's not really cashmere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never understood the vinyl look, I saw one on a black Hyundai Genesis with a green roof. If I had my lunch any earlier it would have been on my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woody - Unfortunately, I did!
    And on my keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, at least it doesn't have gold and white striped tires and gold emblems -- I still see some Town Cars and DTSs around NYC with those! I've heard that's a popular look in Florida!

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul: The white Corniche that was at the British Car show, Part 3 which I haven't posted yet, had those gold/white wall tires! I think they're Vogues. HIDEOUS! and we have LOTS of cars around these parts with the "gold" package. Not my cuppa either, as my Brit friends would say, lol.

    ReplyDelete