Sunday, October 24, 2010

Not Bad for Late October

Though the cutting garden is looking fairly ratty these days, a combination of cold, but not frosty, nights, and the inevitable powder mildew common now, I'm still able to gather a decent bouquet. Having fresh flowers inside a house lifts my spirits. Try as I did, I couldn't keep a falling leaf from entering the shot, lol. I must have brushed 4-5 away for six photos, and this one crept in anyway. "It's our turn, now" the leaves seem to be saying to the flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Very colourful. Consider yourself lucky, any flowers still remaining in this neck of the woods were hit by our first frost last week or have already been pulled out with the fall cleanups going on. I really depend on my houseplants to lift my spirits this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that little leaf tells the story, succinctly and quietly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY THINK IT'S TIME TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL THE FLOWERS THAT GAVE US JOY ALL SPRING, SUMMER AND INTO THE FALL.I ALWAY SAY GOD DON'T MAKE JUNK.
    GOOD NIGHT MY FRIEND,GOOD NIGHT
    STILL WE MEET AGAIN.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete