Monday, October 25, 2010

Color Studies: Handmade Woolen Objects

An impromptu photoshoot of hand-knit, crocheted, and woven pillows, sweaters and a table runner, resulted in these fun images full of color, texture, and depth. I will probably print these out "letter" size and cut them up to use in my paintings and assemblages. These items were created by my grandmother, aunt, mother and father. The ladies knit and crocheted, and my Dad had a small Morgan Inkle Loom, and made belts, scarves, tablerunners, pocketbooks and the like. Regular casey/artandcolour readers will remember I've photographed wool afghans before, and used them in collages.

2 comments:

  1. GEE CASEY, THESE PICTURES MAKE ME THINK OF MY MOM,AUNT, AND GRANDMA. THEY ALL DID THIS KIND OF WORK BUT NEVER TAUGHT ME. I CAN KNIT JUST BACK AND FOURTH.I COULD MAKE A SCRAF. ANY THING STRAIGHT. LOL
    THANKS FOR SHARING. SO NEAT.
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one with the deers on it reminds me of one of my old bed sheets when I was a kid. I think they purchased it in Maine.

    We also have two knitted blankets when it gets cold in the winter. Now they we have a dog, we had to put them in the trunk.

    ReplyDelete