Wednesday, October 13, 2010

They'll Be Gone Soon Enough. Until Then . . .

More Flowers!
A darker magenta Cosmos has decided to show up among its paler cousins. The sky has been unbelievably blue lately.

The newest dahlia really started opening up today. I have a day lily variety that is the exact same shade of yellow and peach. If only they could open up at the same time of the year, but the lilies were done blooming 2 months ago.

There are still about a dozen tomatoes remaining on the stems. The fruit is much smaller than in "the season" but still tastes much better than any grocery store tomato. I will miss them when they're gone! The green patches around the base of the plants is flat-leafed parsley

6 comments:

  1. WINTER IS PRETTY WHEN THE SNOW FIRST FALLS BUT THERE SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT OUR TRIP THROUGH THIS PAST SUMMER WITH YOU. SO MUCHJOY. THANK YOU CASEY FOR SHARING ALL.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE, THE SKY IS SO PRETTY, IT'S LIGHT BLUE HERE WITH LITTLE CLOUDS FLOATING BY. I LIKE THE DARK BLUE SKIES BETTER.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONE MORE THING, I'D LOVE TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOU PICKING THE LAST TOMATO. IT WOULD BE LIKE THE CLOSE OF SUMMER FOR ME.

    I ALSO WANTED TO SAY WHAT A MIRACLE IT WAS TO SEE THE LAST MAN COME OUT OF THAT HELL HOLE. ALSO, ALL THE LOVE SHOWN BETWEEN THE MEN AS THEY STEP OUT OF THE BASKET THAT BROUGHT THEM BACK TO THEIR FAMLIES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS GOD IS SO GREAT.



    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm going to leave the tomatoes out there as long as possible, but I'll definitely take a photo when I pick the last one.

    I'll be taking plenty of photos in the next seasons too. I take at least 25 photos every day, inside or out. You'll be seeing snow in the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAYBE I'LL JUST PUT RUNNERS ON MY SCOOTER AND COME TO CONN. AND MAKE MYSELF A SNOWMAN WHEN WINTER GETS HERE. YOU WANT TO HELP?

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll very much look forward to all those pics, Casey! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete