Monday, October 11, 2010

Roses and Ropes and Pearls. Oh, My!

Local businesses have created special scarecrows and holiday decorations for a contest, with entry fees going to a breast cancer charity. Many of their creations also sport a pink ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This one, in front of a cool retro gift store, the Nosey Goose, really knocked my necklaces off, lol. While the others around town were well done, and traditional, (and I've featured the "well-dressed" scarecrows in this blog a few days ago), this creation made with roses, pearls, beads, a corded wig, and lace, was just stunning. I really hope they don't take it apart at the end of the week. It deserves a corner of its own inside! 

The pink bicycle is outside of the store all of the time. Usually I wish it had some contrasting colors applied to it, perhaps in stripes or, ahem, plaids, but in this installation, it's a perfect foil for the layered creation in front of it.


So THAT'S Where He Is
Skulking on a nearby roof, Dubya enjoys his retirement. Yes, this scarecrow entry was as creepy as it looks! 'Nuff said!  : )

10 comments:

  1. Oh Granny is going to like this one. I love creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they've seen this one, or will be photographing all of the scarecrows for the contest, but I sent this one to the local newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative and pretty "scarecrow"! The boutique that designed and made it sounds like a real gem; I think I'd love that place! I'm such a sucker for clever and unusual things. You should see my house! LOL

    A++++ to that scarecrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKS LIKE I LOST ANOTHER POST.
    I DO LOVE THIS LITTLE PINK LADY. IF HALLOWEEN COULD BE FULL OF BELLY LAUGHS I WOULD ENJOY THE DAY. I JUST DON'T LIKE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WITCHES AND THE DARK SIDE. I LIKE IT ONLY FOR THE LITTLE ONES BECAUSE THEY LOVE TO DRESS UP.

    THE GUY ON THE ROOF LOOKS LIKE A DRUNK THAT COULDN'T FIND HIS FRONT DOOR. ALL HE NEEDS IS A BOTTLE OF BEER IN HIS HAND.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. The G W Bush pic is kind of funny, but I also think the one in the white house should be sitting up there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woody, do you think the roof is long enough to hold them all? Probably way too scary for Halloween. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is an Obama bashing-free zone, won't have it in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hat scaregrow is so great...I have to agree with Granny tho, I am NOT a fan of Halloween! ICK! (for me!!) I was the no fun-haver mom I'm afraid. The kids did trick or treat (kind of) and I get a kick out of the grandkids co costumes, but don't dig the witches, ghouls, etc.That's just me I guess.
    I also hope they find a place for it inside, and I LOVE the bike and think plaid would look FAB on it!
    OK, off to hang clothes, wash dishes, you know, the fun things in life!
    have a great day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oops, had to copy and repost and it dropped the "T" on the first word "That" not *hat* AYE!
    hi AA, TG, Woody, Paul (you back to NY yet??) and X! hope your day is going well...
    Of course a BIG wave to Casey our "head honcho" around here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete