Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back to the Future

I'm going back to work on my newest art pieces this weekend. I have a few weeks without any book production to do, so I'm really looking forward to getting back to my art. These are the eight cardboard quilts I started a couple of weeks ago. They're all completely 'cured' now and I can start their next layes, which will consist of a lot more painting before I think about adding images to them. I had 300 printouts made this week for possible use on these, all culled from the images I create for this blog—my flowers, my collections, landscapes etc. 

First up, I'm going to create as many new "blanks" as I can with the remaining cardboard squares, so I know how many pieces will be in this series. I think I can make another 10-15, which would mean I'll be working more than 20 pieces at once, the way I like it. With my layering process, I can only go so far on one piece at some point before I have to stop and let it dry completely, and rather than just stopping for good that day, or night, I like to be able to move on to the next piece, and the next piece after that. Just like when I'm working on a book, or my blog, I like to work until the minute I lie down to go to sleep. I have the TV on all the time, to keep up with the news (and my soaps!), but I can't remember the last time I actually just sat down and watched a program without doing something else at the same time. I think my middle name should be 'Multi-tasker,' lol.

6 comments:

  1. I can't thank you enough for sharing your process with us. It's always fascinating! I love how your entire home is your studio - I work on projects the same way. So what could possibly be wrong with the car's dashboard in the kitchen? lol! Definitely one of the pleasures of living alone - or at the very least, having a partner that's a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these learning sessions as well. I wonder if I will ever have the patience to tackle this though. My second attempt with the gel print transfer worked fine. Then I chickened out in adding another layer of photos.

    To the transferred print, which was a row of colorful Italian homes, I added acrylic embellishments and then later painted a window over this making it look as though you were inside looking out on the village.

    LOL this is the second time I have done something that gives the effect of "inside looking out, do you think this is how I am now viewing the world???? Yikes!


    I'll check back with you between coats...

    ReplyDelete
  3. CASEY AND PX, I'D LOVE TO BE A MOUSE IN BOTH OF YOUR HOMES. I'D PEEK AT ALL OF YOUR PROJECTS. I LOVE WATCHING HOW THE PICTURES DEVELOPE AND BECOME SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL. I'M NOT A MULTI-TASKER, I'M A MULTI NAPPER. HUGS
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE YET DOWN A COMMENT THAT MY BRAIN STOPS WORKING AND I ADD LETTERS WHERE THEIR NOT SUPPOSE TO BE. [DEVELOP] SOMETIMES I FEEL I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP. IT'S JUST A CONDITION I HAVE IN TYPING. IT'S CALLED FORGOT TO CUT THE FINGERNAILS.COULD BE CALLED, [FORGOT HOW TO SPELL]. I REALLY DON'T GIVE A WRAP OR RAP. YOU'RE JUST LUCKY TO HAVE ME. LOL LOL BELLY LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. DOWN, DONE. [WHATEVER].
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning everyone..am slow starting out today..has been a busy week so am tired and then it was COLD last night so felt good under the covers..I kept dozing off and then going into deep dream-filled sleep. Am up and ready for coffee now and browsing through "my blogs". Haven't done anything with mine for a few days...been swamped with sorting. Kept thinking of Casey and wondering what you would do with some of the things...interesting.
    I am so excited to see the new projects progress..so interesting..can't quite figure out how the underneath images manage to show through...that's why YOU'RE the artist and I'm NOT!! :) Hope this is heading in the direction of a new show for you. That would be wonderful.
    Have a good day everyone..think I need to bake or cook to warm it up in here...
    mare
    X, I would love to see some of your flowers and art as well..you and Casey sound like kindred spirits..
    Annie,feel better..enjoy your book today
    Granny...mmmm fresh bread! YUM

    ReplyDelete