Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Seen in the Yard Today

The Cosmos are finally flowering. They're more than six feet tall.

Finally! One of my new-this-year dahlias is finally in bloom. They're a bit late, but will bloom until the first frost, hopefully in November!

A tiny Nasturtium, in the ground in the front garden. The entire plant is only about 4 inches high. That's a late-blooming Sedum on the ground next to it. I didn't cut-back my Sedums this year, forcing them to grow shorter with more flower stalks, so they're all laying on the ground now.
The large sunflower is leaning decidedly towards the ground now. Still majestic, if bowed.

3 comments:

  1. HOORAY ! The cosmos bloomed ! Your new dahlia is beautiful, and you have two more buds !

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE SUNFLOWER BOWS TO YOU CASEY LIKE WE DO FOR ALL YOUR KINDNESS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for helping me see the beauty in some of the flowers I thought were just a nuisance for many years...(cosmos, thistles, zinnias,etc.) I find myself taking a different look at those flowers around town now. You are a true artist...you guide others to see things through your eyes..thank you! If no one has told you lately, I SO appreciate you (kinda think you've been told, but don't know that I've said it!! :)
    mare

    ReplyDelete