Monday, September 27, 2010

Motley Crew Together Again

The doll with the bonnet is the one that I've been searching six days for, in the second-to-last carton left to be opened up. lol. She's missing a shoe now, but I don't doubt it will turn up sooner or later. What I didn't realize was that she was with the doll in the lower right, wearing the terribly stained old lace wrap. They were probably playing hide-and-seek with me. Here they are reunited with their long-lost buddies. I swear they were really happy to see each other again, giggling and talking a mile-a-minute when I put them together again! 

I have a few other antique dolls in other rooms, china and bisque, but they're a bit snobby and never hung out with this motley crew. Also with them was the Teddy Bear with the NY Mets T-shirt and cap. I got that for my mother sometime in the early '90s. She was one of the Mets biggest fans! I take it the two old dolls have become attached to the teddy during their sojourn together in the attic, so I'll leave them together now.

5 comments:

  1. Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John
    Went to bed with his stockings on;
    One shoe off, and one shoe on,
    Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John.

    Sleep well you Motley Crew. You too Casey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All they need now is a little tea set to celebrate! To me they look like they would enjoy that! I was going to get rid of a couple dolls of mine int he sort and just couldn't do it...Two of my dolls, Pandora and Tammy Sue were sad at the thought of me (or hubby actually) placing them in the Goodwill box or garbage bin..and I think it made me even sadder than them!!
    Have been off and running a lot lately and I think just "mentally" elsewhere..hope to get back in the swing so I can keep up with all and everyone...
    Hope everyone has a beautiful day where you are...
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of tiny tea sets packed away! If i ever get the entire apartment where I want it to be, I'll set the dolls up like that. I'm trying to think positively of the long and dark winter coming, so perhaps I'll keep this project going until everything is perfect, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH MY WAR DOLLS WERE THERE AT THE TEA PARTY. I CALL THEM WAR DOLLS BECAUSE I WAS JUST A LITTLE GIRL WHEN I GOT MY DOLLS. IF YHEY WERE THERE AT YOUR HOUSE WHAT A PARTY THEY COULD HAVE. ONE OF THE DOLLS LOOKS JUST LIKE YOUR DOLLS BUT NO CLOTHES. SHE IS CHIPPED AND TIRED. ALSO, I JUST SAID TO GRAMPS A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO,I WONDER WHAT HAPPEN TO HIS GRANMOTHERS PICKLE CROCK AND I SEE IT IN YOUR PICTURE. I USED TO USE IT AS A COOKIE JAR FOR YARDS THEN IN ONE OF MY MOVES BINGO MANY THINGS WERE LOST. GONE

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete