Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thirty Five Years Ago This Week

Thirty five years ago this week, I was a freshman at Vassar. This photo was shot by the kid across the hall from my dorm room, Barry. Barry went on to become one of my best friends in life. He and his wife Lynda and I roomed together in Manhattan for a time after college, and they both recently came to my art show in June 2009. They're collectors of my work also. It's almost unfathomable to me that this photo was taken so long ago. I can remember it like it was yesterday. And I have trouble remembering yesterday these days. This scan is from a tiny proof photo, not the 8x10 which was printed much more cleanly, but I can't find any of the larger ones these days.

I'll be finishing up the latest book today, and then I'll be back to posting something more interesting than an old photo of me, lol.

9 comments:

  1. For Casey's 35th Celebration.

    Open your eyes so that I may see
    deep within your soul all that's hidden so far from me.

    Open your eyes so that I may find
    the path to those bits of your heart you've left behind.

    Open your eyes and look into mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK ANNIE AND I GET IT.


    CASEY, YOU ARE ONE HANDSOME MAN THEN AND I WOULD GUESS NOW.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Casey, you look like a young John Travolta particularly with the long hair and a bit like Robert Downey Jr in his formative years. I don't have the guts to post any of my real photos on my site (just a little secrect). lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey (and Woody),

    Robert Downey, Jr., definitely -- especially the lips. Very soulful and somewhat revealing -- especially the eyes.

    I wish I had pictures of myself like this -- I've always been camera shy for various reasons.

    Now I feel like Bette Davis -- she ocne said something tot he effect of "I always thought I was not pretty when I was young -- now I look at pictures of myself then and think 'you fool -- you looked great.'"

    Thank you for posting this -- it's gotten me to think back to where I was 35 years ago (in the same apartment I'm still in, for one thing!).

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I would say Woody and Paul nailed it - definitely a young Robert Downey Jr. So how much money did you net from Iron Man I and II ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://yfrog.com/2m04robertdowneyjrcelebrijx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete