Monday, September 6, 2010

Let's Play! Vintage Sound-Effects Record Set

Front cover, the Airplane.

M Y   C O L L E C T I O N — This is a vintage two record set of "exciting action games with true-to-life sound effects!" There are two records that look like 78s, but the ID number on each starts with 45, as if they're early 45 rpm records. I haven't tried to play either record to check. I believe this set dates to the 1950s, although there is no date anywhere on the entire album or either record. I can imagine the cast of the Dick Van Dyke show, hamming it up at a party with these "sound effects" records on in the background. I think the artwork on this album, inside and out, is just wonderful, so evocative of the period.

Inside front cover, the Train.

Inside back cover,  the Telephone.

Back cover, the Fire-Engine.

U P D A T E : 
Thanks to Marius for coming through, again, with recordings of these performances! I'm still not quite sure what to make of these records, lol. I think I'll stick with, "nice artwork on the album!"

8 comments:

  1. Airplane

    http://www.supload.com/listen?s=w8totR

    Fire Engine

    http://www.supload.com/listen?s=KgGo6l

    Telephone

    http://www.supload.com/listen?s=s4Td3s

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Train

    http://www.supload.com/listen?s=ftHtic

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! how do you find these recordings? I'm not even sure what to say about them. lol. they're such a weird form of performance art. Some people have theme music in their heads when they enter a room. I'm going to have "the Airplane" in my head.

    still making coffee. it's cold outside and inside this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CASEY, SEND THAT COLD DOWN HERE PLEASE. I LOVE THE TRAIN PICTURE. THE COLORS THEN THE BLACK TRAIN BRINGS IT ALL TOGETHER. NOW ALL DAY I'M GOING TO BE SAYING CHOO CHOO IN MY HEAD. THANKS ALOT. CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO. STOP STOP STOP. PLEASE SEND ME SOME JAZZ. CHOOCHOOCHOOCHOOCHOOCHOOCHOOCHOOCHOO.
    OH WELL, I DO LIKE THE SOUND OF TRAINS SO I'LL GET OVER IT.

    HI MARIUS, AND A GOOD CHOO TO YOU ALSO.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning, Granny! teh storm took away all the humidity, at least yesterday and today, that's why it feels cool. it's going to be a gorgeous day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Where's my luggage?"
    The artwork is great, the recordings themselves are...curious.

    Same case with that African travelog film. The cover was worlds better than the contents

    It's cool here, too. I'm going out for coffee and a bagel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interactive games back then used more of your imagination and less creativity to make, whereas today it's the complete opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One ringy-dingy, two ringy-dingy...

    Good morning Casey and All. It is so nice here, I love being able to have the windows open and feel that fresh breeze.

    I have been practicing with that gel print transfer, I'm getting better. Practice makes perfect right?

    I got a call from my granddaughter this morning, they are stopping by for a visit, wonder if they are driving the "pink" car? So I better get my act in gear; make the bed, get dressed, tidy up the kitchen..... see you all a bit later. :]

    ReplyDelete