Saturday, September 11, 2010

Daily Artandcolour

Variety of floral arrangements, September 2010

Hydrangea, September 2010

Gnome and Frog in the sun again, September 2010

Enlarged, this Thistle's background shadows and foreground textures reminds me of a carpet, September 2010

Small Sedum blossoming for the second time this season, September, 2010


The Thistle is mostly gone, but there are occasional new blooms. The Goldfinch among other birds feast on these seeds all day, every day. It's quite something. I usually deadhead these, but not this year. It's like a gourmet organic salad bar for so these birds.
Dried Thistle heads, the Lily Munster or Morticia Addams of the gardens. I love them.

7 comments:

  1. I could look through that window every day ! Love the mix of containers - even though I'm a cobalt blue freak - I love the red container and the mix. Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i like to mix everything. that's just an old blue bottle, 30s or 40s I'd say, and the orange the green vases are pretty collectible art glass from that same period. the clear vase in the back, with the cloudy water, lol, is a dollar store item. it's glass, but probably all lead or some other carcinogen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME TO, I COULD LOOK AT THAT FLORAL ARRANGEMENT ALL DAY. I LOVE THE COLORS AND THE BEAUTY. I COULD KICK MYSELF, I GOT RID OF ABOUT 15 COLORED BOTTLES A FEW MONTHS AGO. I HAD THEM SITTING ON THE WINDOW SILLS AND JUST GOT TIRED OF THEM BUT NOW I MISS EACH ONE. NOW I WONDER WHO'S ENJOYING THEM. CASEY, I WISH I HAD KNOW YOU EARLIER THIS YEAR AND LIVED NEXT DOOR TO YOU. I GAVE UP SO MUCH STUFF WHEN WE MOVED TO THIS HOUSE. I JUST WANTED TO CLEAR OUT MY CLUTTER. I WOULD HAVE LET YOU GO THROUGH THE STUFF AND YOU COULD HAVE TAKEN IT ALL.

    GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about the color of the bottles in the first pic that is reminiscent of my youth. I guess it were those little juice bottles that I used to suck on as a kid. The only drawback was that the wax used to stick to my braces.

    http://yfrog.com/73c100040j

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rmemeber those little wax 'soda' bottles! they were like little coke bottles, filled with sugar water. good times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are no words for how the colored vases make me feel...thank you!! I don't know if you really grasp how much enjoyment so many of us receive from your posts! Like a little treasure to open each day!
    (oh, and I ALSO remember the little wax bottles...did anyone else like to chew on the wax when the "drink" was gone?? )

    ReplyDelete