Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Future, as Envisioned 22 Years Ago

Except for the then-current faux radiator-type grille, I wasn't too into heritage cues back in the '80s. I was looking forward to a Brave New World of ultra-aerodynamics and 200 mph top speeds, everything short of flying. I did many of these renderings sitting at my desk/drawing board in Manhattan during lunch time or after the newspaper or magazine's 2 pm deadline was met each day. We printed in New Jersey and it was part of my responsibility to stay in the office until I got the call from the printer that the publication was on-press and running smoothly, which was usually around 7 pm. I had time to doodle, especially if it wasn't a big week on the catwalks and if no one in the fashion world had died, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Watching the Mecum Auto Auction on HDTV. Interesting, think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I wish you where the lead designer at Lincoln and this is what was introduced in 1990! Lincoln would have been a force to be reckoned with!

    ReplyDelete